Help: Saved Records
- What is the Saved Records page?
- Emailing, printing, downloading or removing records
- Is there a limit to the number of records I can save?
- Adding a note to a saved record
- Logging out
The Saved Records page lists all the records you have saved from the Marked List pages. It allows you to store records from your Marked List beyond a single session, view the full text, email selected records, download them to citation manager software, print them, annotate them, or delete them from your list.
Each entry in the list consists of:
- a number to indicate the position of a record in the list
- a checkbox to select the entry for emailing
- the type of material
- Citation information including a link to the full text if available
- a Durable url for this item link
- an Add note link
You may wish to select records on the Saved Records page and email them to yourself or others; print records; download records to citation management software; or remove them from My Archive.
- To select an item to email, print, download or delete, click the Select checkbox underneath the item. To select all of the items on your Saved Records page, click the Select all checkbox at the top of the page. To clear your selection, uncheck this checkbox.
- Click the appropriate link on the right hand side of the Saved Records page to go to the Email, Print or Download page.
- Note: you must select the records you wish to email, print, download or delete before accessing the next page.
British Periodicals allows you to save 400 records. If you already have 400 records saved and you click the Save to My Archive link, you will be shown the list of the records you have saved and asked to delete some before you can add new ones.
Your new record will be added to the list at the top.
You may wish to append an explanatory note to a saved record entry. Once you have created a note you can then view, edit, or delete it at any time. You can also email it as part of a saved record entry to yourself or others.
- Click the Add note link for the relevant saved record entry.
- A Notes page opens.
- Type in your text.
- Click the Save button to save your note, or click the Delete note link to remove your note.
- An Edit Note link appears for the relevant saved record entry after a note has been created. Click the Edit Note link to edit or delete an existing note.
Your saved records are one of the access controlled features of British Periodicals, so that only the records you save are added to the list.
To ensure that no-one else uses your saved records whilst you are away from your computer, we recommend that you log out from the Saved Records page when you have finished using it. To do this click the Log out of My Archive link at the top of the page.