Help: New user profile
To use the access-controlled features in British Periodicals you need to register a user profile with us. We then use the username and password from your profile to validate your access to these features.
The information we collect is strictly for internal use only and only accessible by authorized users. We do not disclose any information to third parties, and any usage information gathered is strictly for trend analysis and only ever gathered on a library/institution basis.
To create a user profile:
- Type a username.
- Type a password. Your password must be 10 characters or less in length and not begin or end with one or more space characters.
- Type your password again for confirmation.
- You must type a username and password otherwise we cannot set up a profile.
- Type your email address, this can be either a personal one or one for your institution.
- Type your name.
- Type the name of your institution.
- Your email address, name and institution are optional, so you can leave these blank if you prefer. However, we cannot send you reminders if you do not register an email address.
- Click the Submit button to register your profile. If you included an email address, you will receive an email containing your username and password. Please retain this email as a record of your account details.
Modifying a user profile
You can modify your user profile, for example change your email address, by clicking the Modify Profile link on the My Archive welcome page. The text you entered into the boxes when you created your profile will be displayed automatically. You cannot change your username. If you wish to use a different username you will need to create a new profile.
Change your details.
Click the Submit button to register your changes and update your profile.